Magazine paper generally includes newsprint, calendered magazine paper, offset paper, light coated paper, intermediate coated paper, and coated paper. This ranking reflects the quality of the paper from low to high, and the price is also the same. Each paper has its own characteristics:
1. Newsprint is not coated, most of which are made from mechanical pulp, and the weight is generally from 38 grams to 48 grams;
2. Calendered magazine paper is made of newsprint without coating, most of which are made of mechanical pulp, above 42 grams, but this kind of paper is still relatively rare in mainland my country;
3. Offset paper is not coated, most of which are chemical pulp, more than 70 grams, it is very common in domestic use; 4. Light coated paper (LWC) is single-layer coating, most of which is based on mechanical pulp, and is glossy.
5. High-white light-coated paper is an improvement based on the original light-coated paper to make it have better whiteness;
6. Intermediate coated paper (MWC) is double-coated, most of which are made of mechanical pulp, with a weight of more than 70 grams;
7. Coated paper is the most familiar paper, most of which are made of chemical pulp, coated with single-layer, double-layer and three-layer, and its coating and paper surface treatment, etc., different paper mills have different technologies , The quality is also very different.