Magazine printing paper introduction
A beautiful magazine is enough to attract people’s attention, but good content and design are not enough. A good magazine has great requirements in terms of paper, design, content, typesetting, etc. So what are the paper requirements for magazine printing?
In fact, the choice of paper for magazine printing depends entirely on the requirements of printing quality, as follows:
1. Generally speaking, high-end clothing and life-themed magazines mostly use coated paper and intermediate coated paper with a weight of ≥70 grams;
2. High-quality monthly and professional magazines use medium-coated paper and high-whiteness light-coated paper, with a weight ≥ 70 grams;
3. Monthly and weekly magazines of general quality often use high-white light-coated paper or light-coated paper, with a weight of ≥60 grams;
4. Weekly and comprehensive magazines with large circulation generally use lightly coated paper and calendered paper, with a weight of ≥65 grams.
In addition, there are roughly the following rules in the selection of weight:
1. High-circulation magazines and product catalogs generally use 36-54 grams of paper;
2. The monthly magazine of higher quality is 60-80 grams;
3. 65-150 grams for professional magazines and customer magazines;
4. High-quality magazines are 75-115 grams.