Introduction to book layout terms
1. Layout: Layout is all forms of book pages, including the sum of pictures and blanks in the format. The graphic part is the center of the plate, the header, the page number, the center seam, etc., and the blank part is the white border with no words around the center of the plate.
2. Plate center: The plate center refers to the part of the printed matter or the printing plate format that contains the graphics and text. The position of the plate center on the page is traditionally slightly lower, that is, the head is larger than the foot, and the opening is slightly larger than the order.
3. Plate mouth: The plate mouth refers to the blank area from the edge of the plate center to the edge of the finished product.
4. Plate Head: The blank area from the top edge of the plate center to the edge of the finished product is the Plate Head.
5. Plate Foot: The blank area from the bottom edge of the plate core to the edge of the finished product is the Plate Foot.