Cover design is an important part of book binding design.
1. Children’s books are more lively in form. Children’s illustrations are often used as the main graphics in the design, and lively and childish texts are used to form the cover of the book.
2. Picture album books are generally close to a square format, usually 12 sized, 24 sized, etc., which is convenient for arranging pictures. A commonly used design technique is to select representative pictures in the album and add text.
3. Cultural books are more solemn. In the design, important pictures in the text are often used as the main graphics on the cover. The fonts of the text are also more solemn, mostly in bold or Song type; the overall color purity and brightness are low, and the visual effect is calm. To reflect the profound cultural characteristics.
4. Series of books The design techniques of the entire set of books are the same, and the titles and main graphics of each book are changed according to the type of introduction. This is generally a common design technique for the cover of a set of books.
5. Tool books are generally thicker and often used. Therefore, when designing, use hard cover to prevent wear and tear; the cover graphic design is more rigorous, neat, and has a strong sense of order.